I was reading a forum about careers in Canada. I found one topic specific to security jobs in Canada. As we know, for some people that are looking for jobs in Canada sometimes the job in your field doesn’t come as you expect.
In order to have the finances and pay your bills, we have to look for a job in a different field and security jobs are a good option. Sometimes you don’t even need experience, but a driver’s license and a security course could be the difference that employers are looking for.
If you’re looking for security jobs in Canada, below you can find a list of the tips I found:
- Front door security. Stand in one spot. 13 bucks 84 hours a week.
- Casinos pay 14+ to start. But its graveyard and you standing in one position all nite. 30-35 hours a week 400 a week sucks.
- Mobile you get 12 hours 6 days a week. 11 bucks to start up to 14 after 10 yrs. Says 14 in the ads but they all pay 11. Quick and easy money.
- Airport doing pre-screening. they pay ok too.
- Provincial gov corrections 23-27 an hour.
- Cruise ships. They do security. tax free money.
To do any type of Security job or private investigators you must be licensed and have your license on you while you are working because if anybody says I want to see your security guard license you must show it to them.
Most companies will help you get one, they will give you the forms, and they will be the guarantor for your photo, and they will send the forms out for you.
You do not need to pass any fitness test or anything like that, ANYBODY CAN GET A JOB IN SECURITY. Security guards are there to report and prevent crime.
If you’re looking for companies hiring security jobs, here’s the list:
- Concord: malls. Walk around the whole day. Someone in the control room watches you the whole time.
- Paladin: colleges. Walk 20 kilometers per day. I worked for these guys and i liked it.
- Securiguard: banks. Stand in one spot. Most of the guys doing this type of work go crazy.
- Aeroguard/garda: airports.
- Elite: LPO.
- Intercon: hospitals. 14 bucks an hour. Hospitals are really busy.
- Gateway: Casinos. Gateway has a real bad track record out here in Vancouver. Probably the guards don’t like standing in one spot–Good money and opps.
I’ve got those tips reading the RedFlagDeals careers forum.
I hope this could help you find a security job in Canada – good luck.