The following is a paid Review. I am subscribed to ReviewMe, and if you want me to Review your website, blog or product, please check my ReviewMe link. I was contacted to review the Retirement homes in Canada, which features a retirement home search engine along with background information and articles about finding the right retirement home in Canada.
When I visited the Retirement homes in Canada website 2 things come up to my attention: At the top yo can sign up to their e-mail newsletter. However, I think it is a little bit confusing, as you have to specify your postal code. I’d say that they can have only the form to add an e-mail. Usually we receive an e-mail with a link to confirm the subscription. I think this is the best moment to ask for a postal code and at the same time explain to the user why the postal code is required.
Just below the sign up form you can search for retirement homes in your area. Just type your postal code and another page will appear with the results of your request. It is a map with the list of retirement homes available in your area. You just need to click on the icon to get a description. Nowadays maps are making things easy to understand. When you have a map you can visualize where you are and also what are the other options available.
From the menu you can find links to:
- Retirement Homes 101 (Gives you information in how to find a retirement home in Canada, what to consider when looking for a retirement home in Canada, etc);
- Retirement Homes Canada (Links to find retirement homes in Canada by province);
- Senior Housing and care (Advice when you’re looking for a retirement home);
- Financing (What do you really know and how much do you need to retire comfortably? Have think about this already?);
- Resources (Resources available at the website, past issues, etc).
Other than that, it is a good site for people looking for retirement homes in Canada. You can also learn a lot about what is necessary, what factors you should consider when looking for retirement homes. However, the first item that you should think starts now: prepare yourself for retirement, what you want to do and what kind of life you want to have. You find an answer for all of those questions checking the Retirement homes in Canada website.