I was checking the Intranet at my company and I’d like to talk about the programs that we have available at the office, specially the ones dedicated to our health.
I was impressed with the options available, such as:
- Family health;
- Health fairs;
- Nutrition and healthy eating;
- Lunch and learn program;
- Employee support program; etc.
These are some of the programs available. We also take part in some activities outside the company. The next one will be in conjunction with the United Way to climb the CN Tower. It is totally up to you to participate or not, but of course doing that you can at least start and have a healthy life. I spend most of my time at work in front of 2 computers and at the end of the day my body feel the results.
Today the guys from the “health team” created an interesting challenge: the stairway to health challenge. They’re challenging us to take the stairs until the end of the month. We have to create a team of max 6 people and write it down the number of stairs taken. We created our team and next week we will start the challenge. You can do it whenever you want – it doesn’t necessary needs to be during your lunch time. Just do it and have its benefits. Some facts to keep in mind:
- Canada’s Physical Activity Guide recommends Canadians get 30 to 60 minutes of moderate physical activity each day;
- Even two flights of stairs climbed per day can lead to a 2.7 kilogram weight loss over one year;
- Stair climbing programs can improve the amount of good cholesterol in the blood.
What about you? Does your company offer any programs or even encourages you to do some exercise?